Health care delivery is evolving at a rapid pace, especially since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite rapid technological advances in 2020, health care delivery remains a human-to-human endeavor. As such, employers have expressed an increased emphasis on developing the essential skills, or “soft skills", of their health care workforce. Improving communication and collaboration, as well as understanding the importance of empathy, compassion and diversity, are essential skills that safeguard and improve patient health.
The Critical 6: Essential Workplace Attributes for Health Care Professionals is a two-part interactive training that seeks to help health care workers at all levels better understand the importance of active listening, embracing diversity, compassion, problem solving, professionalism, and collaboration. This engaging live virtual training will be led by Susan Craig, MSN, Allied Health and Dual Enrollment Faculty Coordinator at Butte Community College. Developed in collaboration with Butte Community College and health care employers, this curriculum is easy to implement and flexible enough to use in your own organization, even if you are not a direct provider of services. Best of all, the training is free to all who would like to attend. Please feel free to forward this registration to your community partners who would benefit from attending.
This work is being generously supported by The California Wellness Foundation, in collaboration with the Association of California Healthcare Districts and Butte Community College.
Title: The Critical 6: Essential Workplace Attributes for Health Care Professionals
Dates: March 30 & April 13, 2021, 10:00 – 11:30 am
Who Should Attend: Healthcare district CEOs, managers and employees (regardless of district type), allied health students in training, and others who would like to improve upon their own essential workplace skills and attributes.
- How to be an active listener and how that impacts both the patient and coworker relationship
- Impacts of nonverbal communication and listening
- Overview of the importance of inter-professional collaborative practice
- The importance of embracing diversity and why it is crucial to improving health outcomes
- Methods to nurture compassion
- Ways to utilize critical thinking and sound judgment in problem solving
- Components of workplace ethics and applying techniques to enhance professionalism