The ACHD Board of Directors is presently seeking nominations from member healthcare districts from individual Trustees and CEOs to immediately fill a vacant Director position on the Board.
Powers and Responsibilities of the Board:
The ACHD Board of Directors is the governing body that manages the affairs of the Association, which includes all programs and services. The Board is charged with, but not limited to:
- Providing fiduciary oversight of the Association
- Establishing and monitoring Association policies
- Contracting with and managing the Chief Executive Officer, Legal Counsel, et. al.
- Performing all acts and functions consistent with the ACHD Bylaws
- Attending and actively participating in ACHD Board and Committee meetings (Note: The ACHD Board of Directors meets 4-5 times per year either in-person or virtually.)
- Attending ACHD’s events, including the ACHD Annual Meeting and Regional Events (new in 2021).
- Annual Meeting: September 22-24, 2021: Olympic Valley, Ca
- Regional Events: Spring & Fall 2021: Date and Locations TBD
Criteria to serve on the Board:
- No member district may be represented on the Board by more than one (1) voting director at the same time
- The nominee's healthcare district is either currently a “Certified Healthcare District” or commits to becoming Certified within their first year on the Board
- The Board of Directors from which the nominee serves, must support the nomination in writing
- Individual Directors serve three (3) year terms, up to two (2) terms, and their appointment becomes effective upon approval by the Board
An individual may apply to serve as a Director on the ACHD Board by submitting a resume or statement of qualifications and a letter of support from their district's board to the ACHD Governance Committee, here, or by email by November 13, 2020. The Governance Committee will review and recommend candidates to be approved by the full Board of Directors.