The ACHD Board of Directors is seeking nominations from member healthcare district Trustees and CEOs to fill a vacant seat on the Board.
Powers and Responsibilities of the Board:
The ACHD Board of Directors is the governing body that manages the affairs of the Association, which includes all programs and services. The Board is charged with, but not limited to:
- Providing fiduciary oversight of the Association
- Establishing and monitoring Association policies
- Contracting with and managing the Chief Executive Officer, Legal Counsel, et. al.
- Performing all acts and functions consistent with the ACHD Bylaws
- Attending and actively participating in ACHD Board and Committee meetings (Note: The ACHD Board of Directors meets 4-5 times per year either in-person or virtually.)
- Attending ACHD’s events, including the ACHD Annual Meeting and Regional Events.
- Annual Meeting: September 13-15, 2023: The Palisades at Lake Tahoe
- Regional Events: Spring & Fall: Dates and Locations TBD
Criteria to serve on the Board:
- No member district may be represented on the Board by more than one voting director at the same time
- The nominee's healthcare district is either currently a “Certified Healthcare District” or commits to becoming certified within the first three years on the Board
- The district board of directors, on which the nominee serves, must support the nomination in writing at the time of submission
- Individual Directors serve three-year terms, up to two terms, and their appointment becomes effective upon approval by the Board
An individual may apply by submitting a resume or statement of Qualifications and a letter of support from their district's board using the form below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.