The following standing committees provide the framework for the leadership and governance of ACHD:
Committee is responsible for the oversight of legislative, regulatory, collaborative and grassroots activities of the Association and the ALPHA Fund. The committee is comprised of a minimum of 7 and maximum of 11 Healthcare District representatives.
- Implement strategies for collaboration and communication that support the mission of the Association
- Advocate on issues that impact California’s Healthcare Districts
- Identify and implement collaboration opportunities
- Identify and implement a communication plan to improve linkages between Association and its stakeholders
- Enhance relationships with Legislators
- Educate Members on the legislative process
Committee is responsible for the Association’s educational program content. The committee is comprised of a minimum of 7 and a maximum of 11 Healthcare District representatives.
- Provide outstanding educational opportunities
- Implement educational opportunities that respond to the needs of Members
- Provide input into major educational events including Annual Meeting, Legislative Day and Leadership Academy
- Provide input and assist in the implementation of:
– Board Orientation Program
– Healthcare District Board Self-Assessment Toolkit
– Identify and implement additional educational programs as defined by members
Committee provides oversight, acts on behalf of the Board when necessary and evaluates the performance of the Association’s CEO and Executive Director. The committee is comprised of the 4 officers of the Board of Directors (Chair, Vice chair, Secretary and Treasurer), the Immediate Past Chair, and one appointed Healthcare District Executive (CEO, CFO, etc.).
The committee is responsible for the financial oversight of the Association and the ALPHA Fund. The committee is comprised of 7 Healthcare District representatives.
- Develop a priority driven budget and dues assessment recommendation
- Evaluate and recommend new revenue streams/services
- Evaluate and recommend alternatives for fiscal stability and independence from the ALPHA Fund subsidy
Committee is responsible for Board and Committee member succession planning and orientation, annual assessment of Association Bylaws and Board and Committee policies and procedures. The committee is comprised of 7 Healthcare District Trustees.
- Inventory District trustee/District Executive skills, cultivate, and recruit members for committee and Board seats
- Review all Board Member nominations and recommend slate to the Board for approval
- Implement mandatory board orientation
- Revise Board and Committee job descriptions/expectations
- Implement Board self-evaluation
- Evaluate and recommend ALPHA/ACHD governance structure
- Develop a recommendation regarding designated Board seats for collaboration partners
If you are interested in a position on one of our standing committees, contact Ken Cohen.