90 attendees representing 28 Healthcare Districts attended the Association’s 62nd Annual Meeting held May 28-30, at the Langham Huntington Hotel in Pasadena. Copies of the presentation materials are available to Members on My ACHD. If you do not have a log-in for My ACHD you may register here.
ACHD Board of Directors
An important part of the Annual Meeting was the election of new ACHD Board Members. There were 5 candidates for 4 vacancies, with Member Delegates electing the following individuals to 3-year terms.
- Bill Boerum, Sonoma Valley Health Care District
- Debora Campbell, RN, West Contra Costa Health Care District
- Julie Nygaard, Tri City Healthcare District
- Linda Rubin, RD, Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District
ACHD Staff Presentations
Dave McGhee, CEO for ACHD, reported on the State of the Association, highlighting the financial performance of the Association, the source and use of funds on behalf of the Membership as well as a review of added services for the Membership.
Announced at the Annual meeting was the “Certified Healthcare District” program; a set of standards established by the Association’s Governance Committee to affirm that Healthcare Districts are meeting their public obligations and following best practices. Districts that submit information confirming their compliance with the set standards will be designated by ACHD as a Certified Healthcare District. Stay tuned for more information on this program.
Amber Wiley, Senior Legislative Advocate for ACHD, provided an overview of the Association’s advocacy efforts on behalf of the Membership. This included a video compilation of Advocacy staff and ACHD Members providing testimony in legislative hearings, and a video of the Northern California “Experience the Diversity” educational tour.
- Congratulations to Desert Healthcare District for being recognized as ACHD’s 2014 Healthcare District of the Year.
- Congratulations to Dr. Don Parazo, MD, Board Treasurer of Antelope Valley Healthcare District, for being recognized as ACHD’s 2014 Trustee of the Year.
- Congratulations to Sharon Spurgeon, Chief Executive Officer of Coalinga Regional Medical Center, for being recognized as ACHD’s Advocate of the Year for her advocacy efforts to protect reimbursement levels for Distinct Part Skilled Nursing services.