Take Action Today: AB 650 (Muratsuchi) - Oppose
Take Action today to oppose AB 650 (Muratsuchi) which mandates extra pay bonuses for specified health care workers, including those employed by district hospitals. AB 650 is currently on the Assembly Floor. If passed, it will move to the Senate.
- Imposes significant unfunded costs on district hospitals
- Is retroactive to January 1, 2021 but will not take effect until January 1, 2022
- Creates devastating unintended consequences to services and future staffing
- Find more information on the No on AB 650 website
Send an oppose letter today!
We need your help! Contact your legislator today to voice your concern for AB 650. Share your story with a letter, phone call and meeting with your Assemblymember(s).
- Read ACHD's Floor Alert
- Read the Coalition Floor Alert
- Use this sample letter
- Find your district representative
Be sure to include details on how your district supported all employees, including those on the front line, the fiscal cost of this bill, impacts on your services, capital improvements or infrastructure projects, as well as other employees not covered by this bill.
Share your story with us today!
Complete this quick survey to share how your district supported your healthcare workers during the pandemic and how AB 650 will impact those efforts going forward!